Since I started my Chemical and Energy Engineering degree back in October of 2010 we’ve flipped-flopped between Sky and Virgin internet and TV services almost annually. Both services never quite seem to keep up why Hubby and I need them the most in the evenings. I admit that the nature of our internet usage has changed a bit over the years – we watch more Netflix than traditional television, we have tablets and smartphones which we use to read blogs, play games, and catch up on BBC iPlayer and the like. I’m pretty sure we’re not alone.
Even a decade ago, University life was changing. Instead of looking through loads of paper journals, students were searching online databases for keywords. Now, I regularly access monstrously large texts such as Perry’s Chemical Engineers’ Handbook through online resources like Knovel. (Instead of opening the doorstop of a book hiding underneath my desk. It’s seriously as thicker than your average brick. Plus the e-book version is fully searchable!)
Needless to say I need Broadband that works and I want a provider that isn’t Sky or Virgin. Which led me to BT. Currently BT are offering students a fabulous 9 month offer which includes:
- Unlimited connection
- Fibre optic broadband
- Unlimited weekend calls to landlines
- BT Sport online – showing 38 live Premier League football matches
- BT SmartTalk App – Making it free to call 0845, 0870, 0800 numbers for free from your mobile
- Unlimited access to BT Wi-fi – Great for tablets!
The two tier offer includes Unlimited Infinity + Calls for just £20 a month for download speeds up to 38MB or Unlimited Broadband + Calls for just £16 a month for speeds up to 16MB. Even better, if you’re a mature or postgraduate student who needs broadband that works year round, like me, once your 9 months are up the price for Unlimited Infinity + Calls is only £23 each month.Even better, if you sign up for a student deal by the end of October you can enter to win one of their 5 ultimate student entertainment packs worth £2000!
The prize includes:
- Samsung PS43F4500 43 inch Plasma TV HD Ready
- Samsung HT-F4500 BluRay Theatre System 5.1 – Black
- Nikon Coolpix S9050 – compact – 12.1 Mpix – 15.5x optical zoom
- Xbox 360 S Console With 250GB HDD
- 4 x Apple iPod shuffle – 4th generation – 2GB – Silver
- Free 9m contract length broadband & calls
- £300 Sainsbury’s vouchers