I made this recipe last week for the first time. Both Rick and I really, really enjoyed it and Nicholas ate some of it too!
We love fish in our house and six years one this is still my favourite way to prepare Cod.
- 2 tsp (10 mL)paprika
- 2 tsp (10 mL)thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL)oregano
- 2 tsp (10 mL)black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL)cumin seeds
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp (5 mL)salt
- 14 oz (400 g)frozen cod fillets, defrosted
- 2 tsp (10 mL)olive oil
- Take all the herbs and spice and chopped them in a food processor or using a mortar and pestle along with about 3 cloves of garlic.
- Add a bit of olive oil to the mixture and blend it for 15 seconds or so.
- Cut the fish into four portions if you need to and pat dry with a kitchen (paper) towel.
- Spread the spice mixture over both sides of the fish pieces.
- Cover with plastic wrap (cling film) and refridgerate for at least one hour.
- Drizzle with olive oil and griddle or fry in a non-stick skillet for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until opaque and cooked through.